Hey, Listen!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Listen, look, observe... debate respectfully but not passively (and use lots of swears).

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Guess what, world?!

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Boom-Down
Tempered Sword
Tempered Sword
Boom-Down

Guess what, world?! Empty
PostSubject: Guess what, world?!   Guess what, world?! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 4:55 pm

and by world, I mean you. electric. since you're the only one here.

I got a jobbb I got a jobbb! MY FIRST EVER JOB Very Happy

I applied to be a tutor for the music theory class that I took last year. I emailed my professor for a letter of recommendation. This all happened like two months ago, and I never heard back from anybody. I figured "well shit, everybody is dicks."

And then last week, the lady in charge of hiring tutors and such emailed me and said she'd like to interview me! So we met earlier today. I wasn't really sure what to expect, but my parents were all "YOUR FIRST JOB INTERVIEW OMGOMGOMG!" and told me a bunch of stuff to say to make myself look good, and what kind of general questions they usually ask. But since it was a tutoring position, she asked me questions like "What experience do you have working with students of multiple racial and ethnic backgrounds and social classes?"

and I was totally caught off guard. For one thing, I already told her that I don't have any prior working experience, in teaching or in anything. And second, what the fuck does she want me to say? "I'll teach anyone but blacks." ??

I had to make up a lot of bullshit too, like "What struggles or challenges have you experienced while in college, and how did you overcome them and what did you learn from them?"

(Ok I really wanted to put a rolling eyes smiley after that sentence, but none of these emoticons are good enough. So I went to YT, but since you need to be logged in to see the comment box and the smileys, I had to scroll through several pages of posts to find a rolling eyes smiley. THERE WEREN'T ANY. So now my journal is ruined.)

BUT ANYWAY, THEY HIRED ME.
Back to top Go down
Gillascake
Tempered Sword
Tempered Sword
Gillascake

PostSubject: Re: Guess what, world?!   Guess what, world?! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 7:03 pm

I believe my name is GillasCake!

And... I'm proud of you. :-)

I am sure you will do well. I know the feeling about BSing for job interviews. Retail stores will always ask "Tell me when you went above and beyond to help a customer." and that's a hard one.

There was one question I did really well on, where they ask tell me when you had to bend the rules to help customers.

I told the story of a 16 year old boy and his brother going to the amc i worked at and I could overhear them saying they'd be a dollar short for parking, so I gave one of them a senior ticket to save them the dollar.

But anyway... I want to dance.
Back to top Go down
https://heylisten.forumotion.com
Boom-Down
Tempered Sword
Tempered Sword
Boom-Down

PostSubject: Re: Guess what, world?!   Guess what, world?! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 7:30 pm

Wow, what a trap. Either bend the rules, or not care about your customers.... but that extra dollar came out of your own pocket, so I guess they don't give a shit haha.

Such dumb cliche questions... I feel like questions like that will get the same response out of everybody. One of these days, I'm gonna go to an interview and they're going to ask me what some of my weaknesses are and I'm going to tell them that I have bad breath in the mornings. Razz

But yeah Smile I'm happy. Even though.... over the course of the school year I'm barely going to make more than $1,500. Which isn't even enough to pay three months of rent. My dream was to get a job and eventually not be financially dependent on my parents so I can go tell them to fuck themselves. ha. well. It's gonna be a while before I get there.

Go... dance? Go to a... sock hop? Discotech? Ice skating rink? Bitches love ice skating.
Back to top Go down
Gillascake
Tempered Sword
Tempered Sword
Gillascake

PostSubject: Re: Guess what, world?!   Guess what, world?! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 7:47 pm

Can there be ice cream?
Back to top Go down
Boom-Down
Tempered Sword
Tempered Sword
Boom-Down

PostSubject: Re: Guess what, world?!   Guess what, world?! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 8:05 pm

Yeah! I have this Baskin Robbins coupon!
Buy an ice cream cone, get a second one of equal or lesser value free!

Also 3 dollars off a sundae or 1 dollar off...something else. Don't remember. The coupon is upstairs. I'm not gonna go get it.
Back to top Go down
Gillascake
Tempered Sword
Tempered Sword
Gillascake

PostSubject: Re: Guess what, world?!   Guess what, world?! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 6:26 pm

I want it anyway. I'll give you a pizza hut breadstick coupon.
Back to top Go down
Boom-Down
Tempered Sword
Tempered Sword
Boom-Down

PostSubject: Re: Guess what, world?!   Guess what, world?! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 8:10 pm

I fuckin love breadsticks. I like them more than the pizza. Not Pizza Hut's specifically, because I can't remember the last time I ate from Pizza Hut.

One time one of the dining halls on campus made "cheesy breadsticks," which was basically just a pizza without the sauce. Tasted lightyears better than their actual pizza. I swear they just use fuckin tomato paste for sauce or something.
Back to top Go down
Gillascake
Tempered Sword
Tempered Sword
Gillascake

PostSubject: Re: Guess what, world?!   Guess what, world?! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 12:02 pm

My high school cafeteria sold pizza hut breadsticks... they were pretty good.

I really like their dessert breadsticks though.
Back to top Go down
Boom-Down
Tempered Sword
Tempered Sword
Boom-Down

PostSubject: Re: Guess what, world?!   Guess what, world?! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 10:12 pm

Dessert breadsticks? wassat?

I remember in middle school, a slice of pizza from the cafeteria was 2.75 or something (ridiculous). One time they had some leftover pizza from the day before for only 1.75. So I was like "sure! Give me that!" and everybody else (mainly the snooty dumb girls) were all "EEEWWWW OH MY GAAAAWWWDDD THAT'S SO NASTY EEWW."

Rolling Eyes (This rolling eyes smiley SUCKS. Ok I'll use this one Neutral)
Back to top Go down
Gillascake
Tempered Sword
Tempered Sword
Gillascake

PostSubject: Re: Guess what, world?!   Guess what, world?! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 10:16 pm

the name is "chocolate dunkers"

Back to top Go down
Boom-Down
Tempered Sword
Tempered Sword
Boom-Down

PostSubject: Re: Guess what, world?!   Guess what, world?! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 10:18 pm

That sounds awesome.
Back to top Go down
Gillascake
Tempered Sword
Tempered Sword
Gillascake

PostSubject: Re: Guess what, world?!   Guess what, world?! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 10:27 pm

It is. Very lard-laddy of course!
Back to top Go down
theBSR
Unarmed
Unarmed
theBSR

PostSubject: Re: Guess what, world?!   Guess what, world?! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 10:31 pm

What up suckas
Back to top Go down
theBSR
Unarmed
Unarmed
theBSR

PostSubject: Re: Guess what, world?!   Guess what, world?! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 10:34 pm

Can you guys ban me? I have never been banned.
Back to top Go down
Boom-Down
Tempered Sword
Tempered Sword
Boom-Down

PostSubject: Re: Guess what, world?!   Guess what, world?! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 10:41 pm

AND I HAVE NEVER THROWN DOWN THE BANHAMMER.

But I'd have to unban you like 5 minutes later. Because where would the fun be then?
Back to top Go down
theBSR
Unarmed
Unarmed
theBSR

PostSubject: Re: Guess what, world?!   Guess what, world?! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 10:43 pm

Ok, DO it! :-)
Back to top Go down
Gillascake
Tempered Sword
Tempered Sword
Gillascake

PostSubject: Re: Guess what, world?!   Guess what, world?! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 10:43 pm

I want to bring someone that I dislike just to get them b&.
Back to top Go down
theBSR
Unarmed
Unarmed
theBSR

I will be the first banned member!
Back to top Go down
Boom-Down
Tempered Sword
Tempered Sword
Boom-Down

PostSubject: Re: Guess what, world?!   Guess what, world?! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 10:57 pm

Guess what, world?! Ban_hammer
Back to top Go down
Gillascake
Tempered Sword
Tempered Sword
Gillascake

PostSubject: Re: Guess what, world?!   Guess what, world?! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 1:15 pm

I fweed him.
Back to top Go down
Boom-Down
Tempered Sword
Tempered Sword
Boom-Down

PostSubject: Re: Guess what, world?!   Guess what, world?! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 2:02 pm

Was he even here to see that he was banned?!
Back to top Go down
Gillascake
Tempered Sword
Tempered Sword
Gillascake

PostSubject: Re: Guess what, world?!   Guess what, world?! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 2:03 pm

I hope so.
Back to top Go down
Boom-Down
Tempered Sword
Tempered Sword
Boom-Down

PostSubject: Re: Guess what, world?!   Guess what, world?! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 2:05 pm

wtf is with the swords.
Back to top Go down
Gillascake
Tempered Sword
Tempered Sword
Gillascake

PostSubject: Re: Guess what, world?!   Guess what, world?! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 2:06 pm

It's the ranks based on post count, with different swords from Link to the past.
Back to top Go down
Boom-Down
Tempered Sword
Tempered Sword
Boom-Down

PostSubject: Re: Guess what, world?!   Guess what, world?! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 2:15 pm

CCCLLLUUUTTTTTTEEERRRR..... AAHHHH
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guess what, world?!   Guess what, world?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guess what, world?!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hey, Listen! :: General :: Journals-
Jump to: